Click here to view the 2021 Annual Report.
The CDO works closely with TRP’s Executive Team (CEO, COO, CFO, and COS) Board of Directors, Advisory boards, Fundraising Committees, and Senior Leadership to execute TRP’s overall fundraising efforts to increase financial support for all its programs and initiatives. This individual is also responsible for planning and developing all fundraising campaigns and is expected to be a competent fundraising technician and an excellent donor relationship builder. The individual is expected to translate broad goals into achievable steps. The CDO fosters a culture of philanthropy with external donors and within the organization, assures that the organization’s culture, systems, and procedures support fund development, and strategically recruits donors to support all TRP departments through resource development, capitalization initiatives, and equity investments.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops external strategic relationships with donors to increase investments in TRP’s growing needs and opportunities including major fundraising gifts, capital gifts, endowment gifts, and program related investments (PRI’s).
- Oversees Institutional Advancement staff diversified fundraising plans including prospect research, cultivation solicitation and stewardship development strategies.
- Supervises Marketing and Communications staff to elevate TRP’s public profile, “story telling”, social media presence and public relations opportunities.
- Ensures steady growth in the development of existing and new grants and gifts with foundations, corporations, and individual donors.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with the Board of Directors, Campaign Cabinets and oversees development staff contact with all other Fundraising Committees on matters relating to fund development.
- Oversees tracking and documentation of program outcome evaluation and client statistics using Salesforce Database.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with various entities, including media, government, funders, community residents, and partner organizations, to communicate and further the organization's programs and mission.
- Works closely with the CEO, who is the main spokesperson for TRP, and serves also as a spokesperson for the organization with key audiences.
- Serves as a resource and provides training and orientation to other staff, board members and community leaders on the organization fundraising needs.
- Develops and supervises assigned staff, including recruitment and selection; scheduling and job assignment; counseling and coaching; development and training; performance evaluation; and recommending salary, disciplinary and other personnel actions in accord with relevant policies and procedures.
- Plans and manages assigned division budget; manages assigned staff, facilities, material and equipment and other assets to ensure responsible controls over and utilization of TRP resources.
- Maintains required job skills and core professional competencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Achievement of overall annual fundraising goals.
- Development and execution of external donor relationships to increase investments in TRP’S growing needs and opportunities including major fundraising gifts, capital gifts, endowment gifts and program related investments (PRI’s).
- Handle detailed, complex concepts and problems and make rapid decisions regarding management and development issues.
- Plan and meet deadlines while maintaining a flexible work schedule to meet the demands of executive management.
- Demonstrates initiative and work as a team player.
- Adhere to the highest ethical standards in management, governance, and fund development.
- Convey a professional and positive image and attitude regarding the organization and the not-for-profit sector.
- Demonstrate commitment to continued professional growth and development
- Effective, strategic development of relationships with peers, media, funders, community residents, leaders and partners.
- Effective, consistent execution of supervision responsibilities, including coaching, mentoring, evaluation, training and development.
- Effective management of assigned division budget
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree is the minimum educational requirement. Master’s Degree in business or non-profit management preferred.
- Previous professional training in capital campaigns, individual donor development, and grant writing required.
- Minimum 10 years fundraising experience with demonstrated success in donor cultivation and solicitation, foundation and corporate grant management, prospect research, and special events coordination within a non-profit organization required.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills. Ability to work as part of a team. Well-organized, strong attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and work effectively with people of diverse social, faith, economic and racial/ethnic backgrounds.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated public presentation skills.
- Knowledge of Sales Force programs strongly preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required.
Special Working Conditions and Demands
- Ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines.
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends as needed.
Position Classification and Salary
Full-Time, Exempt Salary commensurate with experience
Prepared by: Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer 09.15.2022
Statement of Equal Opportunity
The Resurrection Project is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation (including gender identity), military status, disability, language (any language use not related to job duties), or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Interested parties should send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] No phone calls please.