The immediate objective of the Compliance Analyst is to ensure various compliance requirements are met for TRP managed properties. The Compliance Analyst is primarily responsible for assuring that tenant files are in compliance with Federal, state, and local laws. Position will work closely with Real Estate Assets and Services staff to accomplish identified organizational goals.
Director of Asset Management
Organization General Description
The Resurrection Project (TRP) has grown to become a powerful and effective social enterprise that seamlessly blends community development, community organizing, and advocacy with human service delivery to create vibrant, healthier, and involved communities. TRP, started with an initial seed capital of $30,000, and its efforts have leveraged over $600 million in community investment.
The organization’s entrepreneurial spirit has transformed its success into a model that strengthens the social fabric of troubled neighborhoods'. TRP’s model includes three-pillars:
- Community Ownership: Provide tools and skills for self-advocacy.
- Community Wealth: Enable financial stability to induce economic mobility.
- Stewardship of Community Assets: Build and preserve assets to revitalize neighborhoods.
The primary focus of the Asset Management division is to manage budgetary and compliance reporting of TRP owned, residential, commercial and community properties.
The purpose of the Asset Management division is to safeguard the value of TRP’s owned real estate by analyzing the financial and operational performance of the portfolio to ensure long-term viability.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee that all lease renewal/recertification processes are followed within the compliance requirements.
- Review and approve initial move files for all TRP affordable housing properties before lease execution and all required recertifications following affordable housing rules based on property program requirements.
- Monthly file audits and reporting of audit findings/discrepancies.
- In partnership with Real Estate Assets and Services Team, prepared all relevant tenant file audits (MOR, Desk review, of Financial).
- Liaison between the Director of Asset Management and VP of Real Estate Assets and Services, preparing for City/State/Federal/Investors audits and gathering documents for compliance reporting from Property Management.
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of Chicago Landlord Tenant Ordinance, Fair Housing law, and regulatory agreements with financial supporters, including but not limited to, programs with the City of Chicago Department of Housing, Illinois Housing Development Authority (IHDA), Housing Urban Development Authority (HUD), Chicago Housing Authority (CHA), Chicago Low Income Housing Trust Fund (CLIHTF), Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC)s, financial institutions, and other sources of renter subsidies and affordable rental financing.
- Take on special projects as it relates to Compliance and Asset Management.
- Analyze Yardi data/information as it relates to Compliance and Asset Management.
- Update forms and/or procedures where needed or offer suggestions to expedite processes and/or procedures.
- Ensure adherence with Fair Housing Laws, City of Chicago Resident Landlord Ordinance (RLTO), and any other applicable state and local ordinances or laws.
- Ensure reports are completed and submitted on time.
- Attend inspections when necessary to assist Compliance and Asset Management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Timely and quality production of compliance reports.
- Timely follow-up with the REAS team and accurate tracking of all communication.
- Professional written and verbal communication with internal and external parties.
- Effective, accurate and consistent execution of day-to-day responsibilities.
- Effective, strategic development of relationships with member institutions, peers, leaders, and partners.
- Active participation in required staff meetings and programs.
- Current Illinois Leasing License and/or the ability to obtain within 3 months of employment as requested.
- Must have or be able to obtain certifications of Certified Occupancy Specialist/Tax Credit Specialist or Blended Occupancy Specialist.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have working knowledge of LIHTC guidelines and/or Tax Credit Specialist (TCS) certification designation.
- Public Housing rental housing guideline knowledge or the ability to obtain the RIM Public Housing Rent Calculation designation within 6 months of employment.
- Attendance of the CHA Yardi training and passing the exam ensuring for the issuance of a Yardi password.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office, MS Excel and Internet required.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills; demonstrated public presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and work effectively with people of diverse social, faith, economic and racial/ethnic backgrounds.
- Highly motivated and demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Strong attention to detail.
Special Working Conditions and Demands
- Willingness to work flexible hours as needed; evenings and weekends required.
- Access to a car, valid driver’s license, and ability to travel within the metropolitan area and sometimes out of state.
- Must be able to visit construction work sites/hard hat areas, including walking and maneuvering on uncompleted floor surfaces, among construction materials and debris, and climbing stairs and ladders.
- Maintain required job skills and all professional competencies. Attend and participate in required educational programs and staff meetings.
- Cultivate, manage, and expand relationships with TRP member institutions, leaders, and partners to promote TRP’s rental goals and organizational mission.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Statement of Equal Opportunity
The Resurrection Project is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, or disability.
Please send resume and cover letter by email. No phone calls please.
Email: [email protected]
Mail: Human Resources, 1805 S. Paulina, Chicago, IL 60608