Click here to view the 2021 Annual Report.
In support of its mission, The Resurrection Project seeks a ERAP Application Specialist for the Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP), a grant assistance program designed to support landlords and tenants in Chicago that are unable to pay rent due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The ERAP Application Specialist will be the point of contact for applicants and requires excellent communication skills. They will work with tenants and landlords to complete applications and review for completeness, requests additional documents, may check for duplication of benefits, and recommend for approval or denial of grant amount. They will also be required to be onsite at least twice a week depending on business needs to assist with Eviction Court appointments and applications for all clients scheduled.
The ERAP Application Specialist is a member of the ERAP team and the Community Wealth Building Pillar and works with other staff to further TRP's mission through the promotion of financial capability, sustainable homeownership, and wealth building.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work directly with applicants (tenants and landlords) to ensure that all applications are complete with supporting documentation.
- Maintain knowledge of ERAP program and handle calls from new and current applicants to answer questions around the program
- Work one on one with applicants to submit complete applications and listen to applicants’ feedback to resolve any issues or conflicts.
- Check for duplication of benefits that applicant may have received through other Emergency Rental Assistance Programs via the State of Illinois portal.
- Based upon final application and revision of documents ERAP Application Specialist will submit a recommendation of approval or denial of grant award to ERAP Closer.
- Monitor all incoming data in Unqork software platform.
- Maintain data integrity and reporting systems to effectively track client and application progress; adhere to all guidelines related to confidentiality of files and records.
- Build, maintain, and encourage a productive working relationship with all staff members.
- Maintain required job skills and core professional competencies.
- Attend and participate in required educational programs and staff meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Two years’ experience in customer service, housing counseling, case management, community development, or any related social field.
- Ability to adapt to new systems and processes.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a must.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and work effectively with people of diverse social, faith, economic and racial/ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate instructions to clients; questions and inquiries must be sufficiently addressed to avoid confusion and misinterpretation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to listen well, convey thoughts clearly, and work effectively as a team member.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and duties.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office and Internet required; Smartsheet.
- Highly motivated and demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team,
- problem solve, and be persistent.
- Adhere to highest ethical standards.
- Attention to details.
Special Working Conditions and Demands
Willingness to work flexible hours as needed; evenings and weekends required.
Access to a car, valid driver’s license, and ability to travel within the metropolitan area.
Statement of Equal Opportunity
The Resurrection Project is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation (including gender identity), military status, disability, language (any language use not related to job duties), or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please send resume and cover letter by email or mail. No phone calls please.
Email: [email protected]
Mail: Human Resources, 1805 South Paulina, Chicago, IL 60608