Click here to view the 2019 Annual Report.
The Staff Accountant – Property Management is primarily responsible for providing accurate and timely financial reports of TRP’s commercial and residential rental buildings. The Staff Accountant is also responsible for working with other divisions, staff, and leadership to further the overall mission of the organization.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews monthly financial activity for the organization, including all funds and buildings utilizing Yardi software.
- Distributes accurate financial statements to Asset Management, Property Management, and the CFO by the 10th business day of every month.
- Reviews all financial rental activity including monthly rents, mortgages, and interest payments for accuracy, authorized approval and appropriate backup documentation.
- Assists in preparation of monthly management report and accompanying schedules, worksheets and narratives including “Budget vs Actual” variance reports. Assists in providing follow-up and documentation of significant variances.
- Prepares, maintains, and reconciles fixed asset schedules and software entries.
- Prepares, maintains, and reconciles accrual schedules for all assigned accounts.
- Assists with completion of the quarterly and annual regulatory filing preparation of assigned Quarterly and Annual Statement/Schedules.
- Updates Asset Management balance sheet accounts. Maintains and reconciles schedules for Management fees and services. Prepares check requests for management fees and services monthly and ensures timely payment.
- Assists with the preparation of the annual Asset Management building budgets.
- Prepares the information requested by the Limited Partnerships’ auditors for their fieldwork.
- Assists with the preparation of TRP’s monthly financial statements.
- Assists with the preparation of the annual audits.
- Maintains required job skills and core professional competencies.
- Attends and participates in required organizational programs and staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the Controller.
- Accurate and timely preparation of monthly financial update entries for all properties by the 10th business day of each month.
- Accurate and timely quarterly reconciliation of financial statement account balances with corresponding schedules.
- Produce error-free accounting reports and presents their results.
- Accurate and timely Asset Management consolidation with MIP software.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations and integrity of financial data.
- Assists and analyzes financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures, provide strategic recommendations, and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Active participation in required staff meetings and events.
Essential Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is the minimum educational requirement preferred.
- Minimum two years’ general ledger accounting-related work experience with a property management firm required.
- Strong analytical skills required. Well-organized and detail oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and work effectively with people of diverse social, faith, economic and racial/ethnic backgrounds.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Yardi software experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, MIP accounting programs, property management software, and the Internet preferred.
Special Working Conditions and Demands
- Ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines.
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends as extended hours are required during audit time
Statement of Equal Opportunity
The Resurrection Project is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation (including gender identity), military status, disability, language (any language use not related to job duties), or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
How to Apply
Contact Information Email: [email protected] send resume and cover letter by email. No phone calls please.
Mail: Human Resources, 1805 South Paulina St, Chicago, IL 60608