Facilities Service Technician
Organization General Description
The Resurrection Project (TRP) has grown to become a powerful and effective social enterprise that seamlessly blends community development, community organizing, and advocacy with human service delivery to create vibrant, healthier, and involved communities. TRP, started with an initial seed capital of $30,000, and its efforts have leveraged over $600 million in community investment.
The organization’s entrepreneurial spirit has transformed its success into a model that strengthens the social fabric of troubled neighborhoods'. TRP’s model includes three-pillars:
- Community Ownership: Provide tools and skills for self-advocacy.
- Community Wealth: Enable financial stability to induce economic mobility.
- Stewardship of Community Assets: Build and preserve assets to revitalize neighborhoods.
The purpose of the Real Estate Assets and Services (REAS) division is the management of the social, fiscal, and physical aspects of the operation of TRP owned residential, commercial, and community properties. The REAS division is comprised of teams in Property Management, Compliance, Maintenance, and Resident Services who work together to ensure our physical assets and tenants are cared for and supported. In addition, this team works together and in alignment with TRP departments to learn in-depth the needs of the community in which they serve and the specific needs of the asset and tenant.
General Job Description
The Resurrection Project has an immediate need for Facilities, Service Technicians located at our Pilsen, Little Village and Melrose Park properties. The Service Technician will assist in day-to-day maintenance operations and complete general maintenance work orders, service requests and execute vacant apartment “Turns” or “Make-Readies” as assigned by the Facilities Department’s Superintendent, Manager, and Supervisor so as to maintain the exterior and interior of TRP’s commercial and residential buildings.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities
Perform general repair and maintenance such as, but not limited to the following:
· Basic electrical repairs such as light bulb replacement, GFCI, toggle switch and outlet replacements.
· Basic plumbing repairs such as shower, toilet, faucet, vanity, drains, and sink fixture issues.
· Basic carpentry repairs such as doors, door jambs, locks, cabinets, countertops, window sash, windowsills, and window screen repairs or replacements.
· Participates in vacant unit turn-over process which is our “Make-Ready” program to help ensure that vacant apartments are quickly assessed, assigned, and made ready for new prospect/resident move in.
· Visually inspect buildings and grounds during daily work and report anything in need of repair, replacement, or extra ordinary circumstances regarding the properties or its occupants to the Facilities Superintendent, Facilities Manager and/or Facilities Supervisor.
· Maintains assigned buildings neat and organized by routinely performing exterior and interior grounds and basic cleaning of common areas inside and out by sweeping, dusting, vacuuming, and wiping down of hard surfaces.
· Removes garbage from all trash cans and waste baskets. Garbage cans, dumpsters, chute-rooms, and surrounding areas must be kept up and free of trash and debris.
· Responds to TRP staff, partners, department heads, apartment residents and commercial tenants in a professional, courteous, and timely manner.
· Abides by our computerized, Yardi, maintenance work-order program when completing work-orders and service requests. Providing detailed information on services performed and parts utilized to execute and satisfy said services.
· Treats all tenants, occupants, residents, and fellow employees with the highest level of concern, care, and respect.
· Assists in maintaining inventory of supplies and equipment owned by The Resurrection Project in addition to shop-stock items.
· Keeps work area clean and ensures tools and equipment are in good working condition.
· Maintains safe working conditions for fellow employees, tenants, occupants, and residents.
· Performs duties according to Occupations Safety & Health Act (OSHA) standards.
· Actively seeks opportunities to increase skills and expand knowledge base.
· Participates in on-going training and education as assigned by Facilities Superintendent and Facilities Manager.
· Wears TRP provided uniforms, shirts, pants, and always maintains a professional appearance.
· Assists with maintenance emergencies when necessary, such as emergency floods, snow removal, and after-hours duty/on-call schedules.
· Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality to ensure all essential duties are fulfilled to satisfactory level.
· Performs other duties as assigned by Facilities Leadership.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
· High school diploma or GED and one year certification from a college or technical/vocational trade- school program in a related field.
· Alternatively, to the above, 3 years equivalent in Facilities-Maintenance field.
· Experience in the multi-family, hospitality and/or facilities-maintenance field.
· Familiarity with standard equipment, tools, and basic knowledge of maintenance repair tasks.
· Thorough and attentive to directives and guidance provided by immediate supervision.
· Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as work-orders/service-request, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
· Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Building Automation Systems/Controls, Internet, and Email.
· Must be highly motivated and demonstrates and ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
· Ability to build relationships and work effectively with people of diverse social, faith, economic, and racial/ethnic backgrounds.
· Access to a motor vehicle, valid driver’s license, with proof of insurance, and ability to travel within the TRP portfolio.
Special Working Conditions and Demands
· Must be able to climb step and extension ladders.
· Subject to indoor/outdoor noise, vibration, weather, and other environmental conditions.
· Lifting, carrying weights of 50 lbs., climbing, standing, crawling/kneeling, and repetitive motions.
· Must comply with safety protocols and wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including safety glasses, face mask, mouth and nose covering, gloves, and back support as needed.
· Lack of heating, reduced ventilation, lack of air conditioning, odors, noise, animals, heights, infectious diseases, irregular hours due to work conditions & exposure to inclement weather.
Position Classification & Salary
Full-Time. Hourly, commensurate with experience.
Statement of Equal Opportunity
The Resurrection Project is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation (including gender identity), military status, disability, or language (any language use not related to job duties). In addition to federal law requirements, The Resurrection Project complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Interested parties should send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. No phone calls please.