Estás registrado para votar? Verifique el estado de su registro de votante aquí.
The maintenance tech floater is responsible for the daily cleaning and maintenance of all TRP-owned and managed facilities. The Maintenance Tech is responsible for custodial, preventive, corrective, deferred, and emergency maintenance. That includes, but is not limited to, ground and public housekeeping of the properties, such as exterior and interior areas common areas. They ensure the safe operation of the property and works as a team with other TRP Property Management staff for the well-being of residents and guests.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect the assigned building and grounds on a daily basis for any unsafe conditions or security concerns, graffiti, litter, or vandalism, and remove, correct, or report information to the Maintenance Supervisor, Assistant Maintenance Supervisor, Property Manager and/or the VP of Property Management immediately.
- Exterior cleaning includes the grounds (sidewalk, walkways, stairways, and landscaped areas), rear yard and fixtures as scheduled, and to shovel and salt sidewalks as needed.
- Interior cleaning includes sweeping, dusting, mopping, vacuuming runners, cleaning windows and window sills in the building entrance, bathrooms, showers, the common shared kitchen, alcoves, stairways, mechanical rooms, janitor closets, basement area, hallways, rear yard and adjacent alley, parking lots/areas and other public areas as needed.
- Maintain restrooms in clean working order, wiping down toilets, sinks, mirrors, walls.
- Remove garbage from all trash cans and waste baskets. Garbage cans, dumpsters, garbage rooms, and surrounding areas must be kept clean and the floors free of garbage.
- Perform maintenance repairs and report major issues to TRP supervision immediately.
- Maintain repair and janitorial inventories for each property assigned.
- Assist supervisory staff and coworkers as requested.
- Complete preventative maintenance per schedules developed.
- Create and maintain property parts and janitorial supply inventories.
- Complete work orders and complete on paper copy listing work done, supplies used and time spent to complete each task and enter data into TRP HDS database daily as completed or status updated.
- Turn in completed work orders daily to supervision.
- Enter completed work orders daily into HDS database.
- Close out work order in Yardi database listing parts used, time spent and work performed.
- Follow Fair Housing guidelines when interacting with residents, neighbors and vendors alike.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Maintain decent, safe, and sanitary area of all properties.
- Efficient use of equipment.
- Use safety equipment as needed.
- Complete work orders and preventative maintenance timely.
- Ensure cleaning and repairs are done to TRP standards.
- Create property inventories for parts, equipment and janitorial supplies and maintain accordingly.
- Communicate with TRP coworkers, vendors and residents clearly and timely.
- Enter completed work orders into HDS database as completed and/or update required.
- Report to work site.
- Prepare request order forms for supplies in advance.
- Notify Property Management Supervisory Staff of building issues.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- A high school diploma or equivalent is the preferred minimum educational level, plus experience as janitor or related experience.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Property Management software, and internet required.
- Must be able to use chemical or cleaning solutions to perform duties.
- Must be able to operate and maintain mechanical equipment and tools.
- Must be knowledgeable of and use safe working habits.
- Must wear company provided uniform at all times while on the job.
- Consistent attention to details.
- Highly motivated and demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrate ability to build relationships and work effectively with people of diverse social, faith, economic, and racial/ethnic backgrounds.
Special Working Conditions and Demands
- Willingness to work flexible hours as needed; evenings and weekends required.
- Physical requirements include lifting 35-50 pounds in weight, exerting up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 35 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Access to a car, valid driver’s license with proof of insurance, and ability to travel within the metropolitan area and sometimes out of state.
- The use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work.
- Must be able to climb a ladder and maneuver on uneven surfaces.
- May be subject to indoor/outdoor noise, vibration, weather, and other environmental conditions.
- Must be able to bend to pick up items from the floor or to wipe down surfaces as necessary to keep the floor area clean of debris.
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including safety glasses, gloves, and back-support as needed.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with staff and residents.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Supervisory Relationship: Director of Property Management
Position Classification: Hourly, commensurate with experience.
Statement of Equal Opportunity
The Resurrection Project is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation (including
gender identity), military status, disability, language (any language use not
related to job duties), or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter by email or mail. No phone calls please.
Contact Information Email: [email protected]
Mail: Human Resources, 1805 South Paulina St, Chicago, IL 60608