Click here to view the 2022 Annual Report.
Maintain and Improve Your Home
TRP’s Home Improvement Loan Program allows homeowners throughout Cook County to borrow up to $30,000 at a 4% fixed interest rate for home repairs, home improvements, and energy efficiency-related upgrades.
Home Improvement loan general overview
- Home improvement loans up to $30,000
- Low interest rate of 4%
- Estimated APR 4.459%
- Financed up to 15 years (dependent on ability to repay), resulting in low monthly payments
- No equity needed
- Credit scores of 620 and above
- Appraisals not typically required
- Property must be primary residence
Use our Home Improvement Loan for Any Home Renovation Project or Energy-Efficient Repairs
General Home Improvements
- New kitchen
- New roof
- New siding
- Central air-conditioning, etc.
Energy Efficiency Improvements
- Comprehensive air sealing
- Installing new or increasing insulation
- Updating to a more efficient furnace or boiler
Home Safety Improvements
- Correcting dangerous electrical problems
- Updating hazardous heating systems
Vintage Home Improvements
- Masonry re-pointing and repair
- Restoring original wood windows
- Repairing decorative metal cornices
When you decide to move forward with a home improvement loan, you will need to provide the following documents:
- Proof of income for all members who reside in the household. This should include:
- 2 months of recent pay stubs
- If Self-Employed, provide 2-year tax returns and Year-to-date profit and losses
- If income is received from retirement, provide most recent award letter to document your retirement income
- Benefit letter for SSI, Social Security, pension, unemployment, disability, etc.
- If a household member does not have any income, including workers compensation, unemployment, etc., please submit a signed and dated written statement from that person attesting that they do not have any income.
- If a household member is a full-time student over the age of 18, please provide a current semester course schedule showing name and number of credits being taken.
- Copy of Federal Tax Returns from the last 2 years. If you do not file Federal Tax Returns, please submit a signed and dated written statement attesting that you do not file.
- Bank Statements from the last 3 months
- Copy of picture I.D. (e.g., driver’s license)
- Copy of declarations page of your homeowner’s insurance policy stating current policy period, amount of coverage, and listing of all mortgages against the property
- Copy of the recorded deed to your home with legal description attached (Schedule A)
- At the time of loan application, we will need a copy of at least one of the following: Contractor’s Bid, invoices or estimates of work to be completed.
We also offer standard Purchase and Refinancing options.
For more information or to get started, contact:
TRP Lending, LLC
1805 S. Paulina St.
Chicago, IL 60608
All loans are originated by TRP Lending, LLC, an Illinois Mortgage Licensee #MB.6761143.